1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Isramatic Issues.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by xgiovannix12, Dec 23, 2012.

1. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys I just bought a plow setup with an isramatic Pump. Im having issues with lifting and angling the plow. The pump motor kicks on perfectly.. The issue is Sometimes she wont angle and sometimes she wont lift or lower..

I adjusted the cables and still have the issue. The cables feel good They are not seized.

is it a possibility that the filters clogged? or the pumps shot? Sometimes it moves slow and sometimes it move good.

I do have an other isramatic pump sitting around but the lift cylinders stuck . It wont lower when I release the valve. This pump has been given to me but im not sure what the issue it has.

I plan to get at least one working... just at a loss right now. :realmad:

Im open to any opinions.. This is my 1st time working on these pumps.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you looked at the western mechanic guide? Have you tried to adjust the lift valve ??

3. xgiovannix12

I have not... I tried looking for a trouble shoot manual but no luck yet.

would the lift valve give the angle issues too?

4. dieselss

Yes it would and it does. Western website....conventional plow...cable....mechanic guide...full version.

5. xgiovannix12

also She was low on fluid.. I put some plow fluid in with the antifreeze stuff.. I was wondering if there might be air in the system.

6. dieselss

Maybe for the angling issue,,,but not for the lower. Not lowering is only cable or valve,,nothing to do with fluid

7. xgiovannix12

ok cool thanks diesels

8. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

9. xgiovannix12

today I got a little closer to getting it working...

IT started to lift and lower its self... Then the angle got screwed up... I need to adjust the valve more.. Or it might be something else and its laughing at me

10. dieselss

I hate when they laugh back at you. They think its funny...I just lean in and whisper,,,ill like you better when I turn you into a coffee pot. Lol

11. xgiovannix12

lol I already threaten to take it off and switch to an e47 meyers.

12. dieselss

Oh c'mon. A Meyers. That's just mean !

13. xgiovannix12

I know right

14. xgiovannix12

SO I adjusted it like the manual said . She Lifts and lowers SOMETIMES she angles.

Also she acts weak most of the time... I came to realize my dad mixed aft in the hydraulic oil... Now the mixture is not good enough for her to work correctly. I found this out by bleeding the angle cylinders by removing the fitting and closing the cylinder by hand .

I know they can take both fluids but not at the same time. :realmad: Do you guys think this is my issue?

15. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Been told that you never want to mix tranny fluid with plow fluid. The mixture will eat seals over time. I was also told that once you start out with a certain type of hydro fluid, that's what you always want to refill it with. Bad medicine....

16. xgiovannix12

Yea gotta admit My old timer hates manuals for some reason.. Im pulling the fluid tomorrow and replacing it. The dam plug is stripped to I guess im pulling it from the top. OR welding a bolt to the plug and replacing it.

Any tips on draining and bleeding the angle cylinders ? I hoping the fluid is the issue , Im getting tired of this pump. IF i had the cash id buy the one with the solenoids.

17. Fordman2011

Fordman2011 Member
    from 45356

I was having the same problem last night. Its was just a matter of adjusting the cables. Sometimes they can be very tricky

18. Fordman2011

Fordman2011 Member
    from 45356

And as far as draining the angle cyliners, hold the check ball down and move the blade manually

19. xgiovannix12

Changed the fluid IT helped a little. Then I noticed play in the 4 way valve.

The part where the cable connects too was worn and had a lot of play.. About 1/8 inch. So i swapped the spring and the other part from my other western pump.

She now lifts lowers and angles... Only Issue I have is that it angles slow when i have it raised. Any ideas? Possibly the valve needs more adjusting ?

20. xgiovannix12

Plows working great guys I used it to plow the 17 inches we got last night.. Thanks for all the help