1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Isomartic cable operated wiring problem.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by farmer1009, Dec 8, 2009.

1. farmer1009

farmer1009 Junior Member

The problem I am having with my plow is wiring the solenoid. The existing solenoid that I have only has three posts on it, however I can't find one to replace it anywhere. I bought a four post solenoid, however I realized that it is Positive activated, and not ground activated. I thought I remembered reading on these forums last year that there was a way to jumper the four post solenoids to make them become a ground activated unit, but I can't seem to find that post anymore. Any tips on how to wire this thing in would be greatly appreciated. I don't want my solenoid to go bad in the middle of the night, and not have a way to repair it.

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

get a 4 post PLOW solenoid. one large stud out to the plow motor. one small stud from the plow control. make a 14ga jumper wire about 3" long with a large ring terminal on one end and a small one on the other. hook the large ring on the large stud left with the hot wire from the battery. the small ring goes on the last small stud.:nod:

3. farmer1009

farmer1009 Junior Member

Ok I will try to find one tomorrow when I go to the parts store. Any idea on a part number for that, because I was told without a part number they can't look it up. (The people working at my local parts store are pretty much clueless.)