1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Iso/Relay Question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Rgory, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Rgory

Rgory Member

Hello, I have two questions for everyone today. Neither being extremely important but hopefully will lay to rest some curiosity that I have had for some time.
    Can a truck with a relay style Western Ultramount set-up, pick up a Western Isolation set-up blade? I know that this seems bizzarre and does not seem possible due to the fact that the Iso has 3 plugs and the Relay only has 2. But I am curious if in a late night pinch if I may be able to move to substitute one of my newer blades with my Relay style truck. I know there are only three pins on the 3rd plug what do they control?

And second, has anyone ever heard of a Handheld controller with the model # 56467 It is very similar as the 56462 but does not have a float or power led??? Wondering if this could be an older model as I know originally they did not have all of these options or if this maybe some new product.

Happy Plowing

Ryan :bluebounc
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

From what I see in my wiring diagrams, no you cannot lift it.the 3 pin plug controls the valves. the larger plug controls lights, and as we all know the 2 pin is power. I would bet you could make a adaptor plug that would split from your 11 pin to supply the proper valves, It would require a 11 pin female end and the 11 and 3 pin male ends with the wires routed properly to operate it.
    the plow is controlled the same just wired differently, any plow will operate with power supplied to the right places at the right time.
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

stumper's right, wont work.

as for the 56467, been dealing in western parts for 10 years and havent eveer seen that number for controllers. Tried to get into westerns site but to check but couldnt for some reason, will try checking later.
  4. Crash935

Part # 56467 is listed as a bolt bag assy for handheld controller so i dont think that there was an earlier version of the handheld, and western doesnt reuse part numbers.
  5. Rgory

Rgory Member

Thanks For The Help

Thank You everyone for your help.

I guess I was just mis-reading the part number, thanks for doing that research into the bolt bag assembly. I may be looking into making one of those harnesses, as western sells the adapter to fit a uni-mount on an ultramount frame. Which is awesome that they have that bracket but useless if you have an ultramount with the isolation module and a unimount which is obviously a relay style set-up. Happy Plowing and someone bring some snow to Chicago Area. Take care everyone... and Thanks for The Help
  6. Crash935

Let me do some more digging for you, somewhere in westerns stuff there is something about iso to relay conversion but cant remember what it covered. Just to darn tired right now for anything to make sense so i'll wait until i get up from a nice little nap.
  7. Rgory

Rgory Member

Thanks Crash,

I am looking at possibly getting a back-up plow in preperations for setting up a second plow vehichle and just want them to be interchangable without haveing to worry too much about being tied to the relay or iso set-up. And upon further looking it seem that western has re-designed? the handheld controller for 2006. The float led is now in the upper left, and the power led is in the upper right. Interesting but thanks for the help.

p.s. Bout time Chicago got some noticeable snow :bluebounc