1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Isarmatic won't turn left or right

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Woodpecker, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Woodpecker

Woodpecker Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have an older style Western plow with a remote mounted solenoid. The joystick in the cab works to raise and lower the plow. I can not get the joystick to move the blade left or right. The pump runs, but the blade does not move.

If I take the cable off at the pump control location, and hold the valve up or down, I can get the joystick to work. Basically, this would be manually holding the valve open and using the joystick to actuate the solenoid. It appears the cable is to short to get the valve open. I tried the old cable that I used last year with no luck. I have a new adjustable cable and I can not get enough length out of it either.

Is there some type of adjustment that needs to be made in the valve?

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member