1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Isarmatic - Motor won't shut off

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Scott9, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Scott9

Scott9 Junior Member

Hi-

I've got an old Western Isarmatic III. Once I engaged the motor, up down left or right, the motor never shuts off until I remove power.

I have no idea what to try to correct this, could someone point me in a direction to start?

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

If you search this has been covered many times. Theres a step by step process to find the exact problem. I would find it for you if I wasn't on mobile

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

either the solenoid is bad or the controller is sending signal to the solenoid to stay energized.
    so test light the solenoid small pins, one should be pwr and the other should be signal gnd from the controller. if the controller is in neutral and your getting signal the look at controller, if the controller is in neutral and your getting no signal, then your solenoid is sticking.

4. Scott9

Scott9 Junior Member

It's starting to look like the solenoid. Thanks for giving me some direction.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok. So what's your testing uncovered?

6. Scott9

Scott9 Junior Member

The solenoid was bad. I replaced it tonight and everything works as exoected,