1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WESTERN ISARMATIC MARK IIIa cable operated pump

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by vic23, Nov 8, 2009.

1. vic23

vic23 Junior Member

the problem with my pump is that @ first it will raise up but wouldn't hold up, it will come down by itself and i ajusted the check valve and now it will raise and hold up but if i put my hand on top of the arm lifter (plunger) it won't raise up just with my hand pressure. What would it be? thanks... it is a western isarmatic mark IIIa cable operated pump.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Vic, hate to say this, but it might be time to turn that pump over to a pro for a rebuild. Theres several things taht could cause the problem that you have from a bad lift cyl packing to bad check valve to 3 way out of adjustment. Ill post the link to the mechinics guide to give you something to look at am maybe head you in the right direction if you want to play with it.The cable pumps are ones that we can tell you where to start but to get it right we would need to have our hands on it.

http://www.westernplows.com/doctracker.asp?docid=120&seclevel=1&filename=62880.pdf&doctype=.pdf

3. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

That pump needs servicing.
    Open it up, replace all seals, filters, o rings, gaskets...etc.
    Replace the fluid.
    Check to see if the lift ram is damaged. That may allow for a bad seal/pressure.

Crash.....nice signature. ha.

4. vic23

vic23 Junior Member

thanks a lot guys.... i replaced all seals and gasket of it, i will play with the check valve then, i can't get to the lift valve it is rock solid in there i couldn't move at all so i will play with the check valve. another question could it be the lack of fluid?????????

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

system holds 1.5 to 2 quarts. theres a good chance that if you filled once after the rebuild than cycled the blade that you are low on fluid.

6. vic23

vic23 Junior Member

ok crash i will check that and see what happens then. thanks

7. vic23

vic23 Junior Member

ok Crash i worked on it today and it is working perfectly now it is raising and lowering like it should, it was the shuttle and the valve level were pointing the wrong direction and ajusted the check valve. but first i took it a part completly, flushed it and put it back up and is working thanks