1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Isarmatic Mark III plow ange/up down rams stop working - found problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mxzwild, Dec 13, 2007.

1. mxzwild

mxzwild Junior Member
    from Vermont

Well I checked it out tonight and found out my up/down cable broke because I had to tight of a bend. I think when it broke it stayed in the up position and that is why I could not push it back down.

Seems to work now but I need to find another cable ASAP because we are suppose to get a good storm on Sunday, 12+". Anyone know of any dealers or parts people in the Vermont-New Hampshire area that would have new cables?

2. mxzwild

mxzwild Junior Member
    from Vermont

Another update, I did find a shop that had a couple of 108" cables in stock so I went and bought them this morning. Going out now to put them in, hopefully that was my whole problem. should know in an hour or so.

3. mxzwild

mxzwild Junior Member
    from Vermont

Used it this afternoon and worked pretty good, still doesn't angle left as well but may just need a little more adjustment but at least it works. I'll give it a work out Sunday, can't wait!!!

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

on the road

good luck glad to hear it .

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

the cables can be easily found, but unfortunatly i don't think western still makes them. the aftermarket ones (most likely made by SAM) are no where near the quality of the original western cables. just be aware that the aftermarket cables will need replacing long before the western cables

6. mxzwild

mxzwild Junior Member
    from Vermont

Looking at the cables I did not notice any difference, but these are 2 feet longer then my originals so now my problem isn't in to tight of a radius, is the length, but I fixed that. I used it yesterday and it worked good except the left angle but I haven't had a chance to try and adjust that.