1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Isarmatic IIIa

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BMakuch, Oct 10, 2011.

1. BMakuch

BMakuch Junior Member

I have a Western isarmatic 3a that since i got it has had issues. i finally got around to flushing all the water logged fluid out and spent considerable time adjusting to fix the issue i have replaced quick connects to rule out flow problems disassembled both lateral rams and switched hoses around but it still wont turn right. i have adjusted linkages and replaced the appropriate valve and spent hours adjusting it to try to correct the issue but it still wont function properly. the plow goes up fine and swings left perfectly fine but when trying to go right it struggles to get the blade straight and then wont go any further... if i just link the 2 rams together it moves both ways just fine so i feel its not a problem down there. i just want to try and get this plow working so i can sell it considering i have no time or motivation to plow since my driveway is small and work too many hours to get contracts... i bought it for the truck and used it for the truck and just want to get the thing sold. please help me with ideas since i am clean out. thank you.
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

unscrew the cover for the angle cable and pull the cable off of the stud. have someone work the control and move the valve with a pair of pliers. does it angle now? if it does your cable is bad. if it does not you need to adjust the shuttle valve.
  3. BMakuch

BMakuch Junior Member

Thank you

It was in fact a cable adjustment issue... i failed to realize how precise it needs to be it was les than a quarter turn adjustment need to get moving... thank you for all your help this really is a great web site.