1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Iowa Snow!!!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by trqjnky, Dec 10, 2009.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

snowed monday about 3 inches, then snowed like a mother tues into wed.

i spent all day wed battling 4-6 foot drifts. it sucked, took 30 minutes to do each driveway. THEN, the people in the country started calling for emergency help, and it was absolutely insane! didnt get any pics, but i had drifts as high as my truck and 15 feet deep that i had to dig, push and pull and fight my way through.

I got stuck a bunch of different times, i think my tranny mount is broke. but i made some serious coin!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

More pics please!
  3. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

Those are some nice pictures. How many inches total did you get?
  4. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Looks like a good time! Thanks for the pics.
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like you got a decent amout there.

You can keep it.
  6. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

probably 15-17 inches in 2 days. with 35mph winds. it was god awefull to plow. VERY hard on equipment. had to hit everything soo hard to get it to move!!
  7. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

thats alot of snow
  8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

great pics and nice truck :drinkup:
  9. americanlawn

americanlawn Junior Member
    from Midwest

Tues/Wed here = 16 plus inches of snow with 50 mph wind gusts. (Monday we had two inches). It's getting old fast. (Des Moines, IA)

This morning I was going into work to plow again..........girl on a cell phone drove into my Chevy Avalanche (personal vehicle) which is my pride & joy. Sometimes it seems that "life ain't fair". I was heartbroken after seeing the damage she caused. THEY OUGHT TO BE A LAW (if you know what I mean).
  10. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

NW Iowa

We had about 6 in plus 35 + winds and a fire downtown that destroyed 4 business. Fought fire for 21 hours then blowed snow after done with fire. That sucked!!! :dizzy:
  11. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Here in central IA we got 11 inches of snow and up to 40 mile per hr gusts. My crew and I have worked non stop this week ! What a great start to the season !!!
  12. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures! Hopefully the truck didn't suffer to much if any damage!
  13. americanlawn

americanlawn Junior Member
    from Midwest

I'm guessing you're talking about Paulina. I was raised on a farm close by (near Gaza), and my Dad went to school in Paulina. I watched our local Des Moines TV stations report this fire. My folks are retired in Primghar, but my brother runs our family farm, I'll be up for Christmas, and my folks want me to check out the destruction in downtown Paulina. It's a very sad deal. I heard there were over a dozen fire departments that responded. Take care, Larry

14. FLagen23

FLagen23 Junior Member

This last week was a great week to start the season! After working all week I am bored this weekend waiting for more snow! Carroll was pretty much well shut down for 2 days.
  15. strawhead

strawhead Junior Member

Awesome pictures!!!! I wish it would snow here someday......:sleeping: