1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ice Breaker throttle help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GONZO911, Jan 16, 2015.

1. GONZO911

GONZO911 Member

I have a Western Ice Breaker salter that the throttle is being replaced. The salter came from Western with a Tecumseh engine. A Honda gvx340 motor was replaced under warranty. I have the Honda throttle kit from Western.

My question is if anyone has a picture of what the Honda linkage should look like on the motor. The throttle link arm (western kit) appears to be too long to be able to hook into the Honda linkage. (note- our fleet has "mechanics" that putz around with this) so I'm not certain all the correct parts are there. There was Tecumseh throttle kit on it and the arm broke.

I have taken over the fleet maintenance 3 yrs. ago and am still working out the kinks. I have found the generic pictures of Honda throttle linkage on the internet-looking more for mechanic's book picture or suggestions.
  2. GONZO911

GONZO911 Member

Just updating the post-

Went through and modified the length of the link arm to engine. It appears that when engines were swapped
    the engine linkage was different. The link supplied with the Honda kit was 1/2" too long. After changing the link rod length, the throttle works great-also applies the choke as it should.