1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western ice break v box

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bluespruce, Dec 13, 2009.

1. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

bought this western ice breaker last year for $2000.00 kind of stupid deal i planned on needing it this year and sold the truck and didnt get the contracts,,, but any way its in good condition but the shaft coming out of the gear box going to the spinner is broken right off so it needs the $400.00 gear box- shaft. i need to sell it i have had it in doors tell a week or two ago... has all wires and is ready other than that part need $1400.00 i think its still a good deal but make an offer

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

2. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

i thought 1400.00 is a good price its a semi easy fix... bump

3. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

does any one have a old scrap salter i could by the gear box off? bump

4. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

How does the inside of the spreader look?

5. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

the salter looks good the out side has some rust on the outer supports but the inside looks good still paint... the chain is rusted but thats normal

6. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

still for sale

7. wideout450

wideout450 Junior Member

what condition is the motor in, is it gas? Very interested, what part of Michigan are you in?

8. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

the motor is gas, it is in good condition started it last summer havent this winter its a techumse (sp) it has all controls and wires. the motor has throttle control hooked up most i see they have taken that apart. chelsea mi could drive half way or something but then we would need man power or equiment to off load.. i could meet you in saline mi at my gf and load with her loader thats only 30min into mich. thanks

9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Wish my girlfriend had a loader.... :D

10. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

its really her dads but i dint say that part nice truck derek

11. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

possible sale, will finalize next sat if intrested plz let me know in case it falls thru

12. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Was it sold this past weekend?????

13. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

no suppost to this coming, was suppost to get down payment today dint happen make offer

14. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

still not gone bump

15. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

still around bump it up

16. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

to the top like to sell, sany one intrested if it was repaired

17. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

i understand its not functional right now but i still think its worth 1300 broke. but i have payments and winter is pretty slow so i guess i have to lower my price even if i am gonna be holding me ankles on this one.... i guess $1000.00 obo

18. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

if i had a way of getting it i would in a second

19. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

Bump for a good deal

20. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

i am gonna keep this salter unless i get a 1000.00 out of it i wish i could get more but i am not gonna let this thing go unless it can make a couple payments thanks bump