1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WESTERN Hydro fluid in BOSS

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by millsaps118, Dec 27, 2007.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I need to top off my hydro fluid and can't find my Boss fluid anywhere in the shop!!!!! I have a new Qt of Western fluid and was wondering if I could use it. I only need about 50oz's and my nearest Boss dealer is about 20mi. away and really don't want to make a special trip out there just for some hydro fluid.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

oil

its best to use the same brand of oil ,but just a small amount should not hurt .

3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

It probably wouldn't hurt, but the Boss fluid IS a better fluid, as it has a much lower freezing temperature. If it was up to me, I would make the drive and pick up about a case. That way, you know you will always have it.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

50 oz? Is that a typo?

50 oz is about 80% of the systems total capacity. :eek:

Either way, don't mix them.

5. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Oops...5.0oz

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it only needs 5 oz then don't add anything to it until you get the correct fluid. 5 oz isn't nothing..