1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western hydraulic unit 44320 issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bpt513, Jul 2, 2015.

1. bpt513

bpt513 Junior Member

Hi All,
    Newbie here. I recently purchased the MVP Plus 8.6. The previous owner put on a whole new hydraulic unit part 44320. He said the old one was lowering and raising slowly. He gave me the old unit. Is there anything I can check on it to see what needs to be fixed? Obviously it's not connected to the plow anymore.

Any idea what's it worth sold as is?

thanks
    BPT

pump.JPG

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Without putting it back on and testing it, no. Could be a ton of different things

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It's trash, I'll offer 50 bucks plus free shipping.

4. plowfixer

plowfixer Junior Member

Remanufactured hydraulic units

Hi bpt513 I know a company called Lehr Industries up in Flagstaff, arizona that bought my old hydraulic unit. They sold me a completely remanufactured Western hydraulic unit p/n 44320 that works perfect and saved me a ton of money. They were great to work with and I think they buy used hydraulic units The guy Jeff I talked to was super knowledgeable his number is 928-225-7885

5. plowfixer

plowfixer Junior Member

yeah give them a call. I've replaced 2 hydraulic units over the years First time the dealer charged me $2800 to install new one, and didn't get any trade-in value for my old unit. The second time I decided to fix it myself and bought remanufactured hydraulic unit from lehr industries. They shipped me a reman'd unit, gave me core credit for mine, and bought old one that dealer wouldn't take. Win-win in my book.

6. mtnsnowsvc

mtnsnowsvc Junior Member

should I be concerned about buying a refurbished or remanufactured hydraulic unit?

7. plowfixer

plowfixer Junior Member

snowplow hydraulic unit

in my opinion nothing to be concerned about buying a reman'd hydraulic unit. The price, warranty & delivery are way better than from the dealer. in fact the price is less than half of what you pay for a new mailorder replacement

8. mtnsnowsvc

mtnsnowsvc Junior Member

How does buying a remanufactured unit work?

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Why are you not just repairing the pumps? Costs should be fraction of new and still cheaper than reman and quicker than either. If you have a competent dealer.

OP, down could be as simple as quill adjustment. Up could be many things like SS stated. Worn pump, dirty valves, coil, stuck check ball, dirty filter or low fluid. First thing to do would be a pressure test.

And I will go $60 with free shipping.