1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Hydraulic Pump O.S & Joystick $150

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Mowerpan, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Well I guess winters over and my future winters will be snowless when I relocated to Florida for school, so I have for sale a Western Hydraulic Plow pump. I believe this to be a heavy duty unit as it has the larger bore cylinder. It has a new pump motor on it with only this winter season on it. Before this winter, pump was dismantled and had anythign required to be replaced, replaced. It was cleaned and new automatic transmission fluid was added. It has worked Flawlessly for me. This is a very old pump I belive and it has a different style controls on it. The "levers" for up and down and angle are outside and exposed as you can see in the pictures. I never used the angle ports, but I don't see why they wouldn't work. The problem was finding a control to work with this. I modified the INCLUDED Western joystick, to work for up and down, by instead using the left and right controls for up and down(I just carefully bent the left contact for solenoid operation so solenoid would not kick on. Included also is a new solenoid only one winter old, and also will include new cables I bought to run to the battery. The joystick can easily be put back to normal by bending the tab back. I'm looking for $150 with the pump, joystick, solenoid and cables. The motor alone was 115 bucks. Only problem with the pump is the side"plate" for the up, down and angling controls leaks a little fluid. It will need a gasket, but this is an old pump and you would prolly be better off using gasket maker or something. Over the winter, this leak never required fluid to be added but would leave a red mark in the snow if left somewhere. This is a VERY reliable setup and would be awesome for that old jeep you have laying around or something of the like.

I also have the meyer 7' plow and mount for an s-10 which was custom fabbed. The upper mount was made for my blazer, which has no frame end horns so cutting of yours would be require or better yet, fab your own top part off of the bottom part. The plow has definetly seen better days and has been rigged up by someone before. I welded new pivot tubes and pins, and put on a new moldboard with thinner metal and has a cutting edge that is just hardened steel with holes drilled out. I belive it's 3/8 inch thick and is almost new. The Plow and hole setup I'll let go for $250. But like I say the plow is ghetto rigged. Durable and tough as hell, but definetly heavier then it needs to be, but would be good for an old driveway or lot plow rig.

Pickup in Michigan, or shipping can be arranged for the pump, joystick, ect. Will be shipped without fluid.

paintedplow4.jpg

plow5.jpg

plow3.jpg

2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

3. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

whats the lowest u will take on the ststem or u interested in selling the hole setup

4. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

I'd like 250 for the whole system. This includeds everything needed. But I need to get rid of this so make an offer.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006