1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western hydraulic cables adjusting

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by digger971, Jan 31, 2008.

?

western hydraulics cables

Poll closed Feb 1, 2008.
  1. adjusting hydraulic cables

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. hydraulic cables adjustments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. digger971

digger971 Junior Member

I cant seem to get my controls to work. if i manually adjust the plow it works but not from in the cab. any suggestions. rob

2. WisEd

WisEd Junior Member

I don't understand your poll.
    Go to the Western site, they have the instructions for adjusting the cables.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

sounds more like a broken or stretched cable.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I can't decide which one to vote on..:realmad: :D

Do a search here in the Western forums. You'll find plenty of solutions for this matter (use "cable" as a search word).

And here's the short manual for the cable pumps: Cable adjustments

5. Unimount219

Unimount219 Junior Member
    from indiana

You can see if your cable is broke, take them out of the housing and have someone move the joystick, they should slide left and right. If they do move then it might be an adjustment, you have to sit and and adjust them, but sometimes you can move them manually b/c you are able to push the cable driver harder than the cables in the cab can because you have water in the grease and it gets frozen, so wipe all the grease outta those housings and make new gaskets then adjust them to whatever speed u want them at, make sure you have a good ground in the housing for the cable. that matters alot too