1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western hydralic problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stumpmonster, Nov 30, 2014.

1. stumpmonster

stumpmonster Junior Member

have western unimount. raise,right,and left all angle to right . took out all 3 sel. and valves jumped when out all seem to work. put back try each one all angle to right. am I missing something? two days ago when I first started checking it out it did go right left and up but now it wont. its just sitting in garage with no veh. I want to make sure everything works b-4 I install it. its been siting outside for a couple years but everything cleaned up pretty good. this seems to be my only issue. please help me oh so wise ones!

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Did you put all of the valves back in the right location and hook up all of the wires correctly

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well you need to test light the coils per the proper function and see if your getting signal to them.

4. stumpmonster

I tested each sel. and valve one at a time so as not to mix them up. only one valve out at a time. took pic. of sel. b-4 removing to help replacing them the same way.

5. dieselss

Test them while operating the controller, test light not meter

6. stumpmonster

found controller to be bad earlier and bypassed it all wires are cut at plow frame. using jumper wires from 12v batt on floor. everything is grounded ok. with valve and sel. out they work ok (no motor) all 3 work. all back in sel. still click ok. but with sel. and motor oil only flows to right angle. read in other post maybe check valve pluged ? don't know where that is. ill try to find it and flush with kerosene.

7. dieselss

What's sel?

8. stumpmonster

solenoid=sel. lol I thought it was cell-a-noid. never to old to learn.

9. dieselss

It's solenoid...And hydraulic.
    Why are the wires cut at the plow frame?

10. Braby

Braby Junior Member

I had the same problem with my ultra mount this year and all it was is the wire at the sv3 valve wasn't crimped tight enough so just check the connections worth a try could have air lock too did u manually turn the plow back and fourth a few times

11. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Are you putting power to both S2 and S3 to go left when testing?

12. stumpmonster

I was not. Once I did that with jumper wires it started working correctly. All hooked together it was still screwed up. Put a diode on each of those wires and it works perfect. It stumped me pretty good but looking back now I LOL. Thanks so much for the input it's always the little things that get you.

13. dieselss

So you added diodes and it worked? So You just band aided the problem.

14. stumpmonster

Yes it does work. Every time! And no I did not hire a band to aid me with my problem. I do listen to the radio though. I do want to thank again all of you that stayed focused on my issue and did not worry about my spelling. I may not have had the proper fetchin up but I dun the best I cud. Back when I went to skool it was tuff walking barefoot up hill both ways butt I managed to get thru all 7 grades. Granpappy always prayed that he would die old butt then someone learned me that die old and diode are different. Soo thanks to all you someones I now have a working snowplow. Hope everyone has a great day.

15. dieselss

What's with all the south talk?
    Adding diodes to what wires was what I was getting at. You never specified

And it's a bandaid brand bandage that I was referring to