1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Hybrid

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IA Farmer, Oct 23, 2013.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

We finished harvest last week and I finally had a chance to work on my new plow. I have always wanted a stainless plow but am brand loyal to Western and I prefer their mounting system to others. So I bought a new 9.5' MVP3 and changed out the poly mold boards with Fisher XV2. I am very pleased with the out come. I still need to get my deflector mounted and I am also going to paint the headlight bar black. The hardest part was getting the Fisher decals off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Heres a few more pics. The truck drops right at one inch which I am very pleased with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of our new work truck

[​IMG]

3. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

Dam thats nice. Both of them.

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Damn those are nice!

5. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice work How much did that SS conversion cost ?

6. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

you guys are focused on the plows im focused on the shop!!! DAMN that suckers HHHUUUGGGEE!!!

7. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

both wicked nice trucks that 6.4 makes me wanna put rims on mine on dont see to manny regular cab trucks out there

8. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

HaHa I was looking at the same thing!! Beautiful Shop and Plows, nice job.:drinkup:

9. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

very nice setup

10. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Nice plow,trucks, and shop. I'd keep the light bar red, keeps it western....

11. BDTRUX

BDTRUX Member

just curious, if you like Western, how did the regular cab end up with a Fisher ?

12. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

The regular cab is my cousins truck and he had gotten a really good deal on an 8' X-blade a few years ago and really liked it. So when he decided to upgrade he stayed with Fisher. Its a great plow I just don't like the mounting system.

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Beat me too it.... I should have your twin waiting for me if I ever return home.

The whole 9 yards looks to kick azz.

14. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Nice trucks, that Platinum looks sexy in red. :D

15. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Glad to hear your going to put a plow on your new truck. I know its probably not justifiable but it sure looks good.

16. 1olddogtwo

My Vee was picked up last week or so, I wasn't going to replace it but after seeing what your Vee looks like in SS...... are you planing on wings? I hear the VX2 might be in SS, need to find out if those are interchangeable too. If I add them, I mag do them in black, waiting to see how they actually turned out. I seen the prototypes and they looked beefy.

It is a beautiful set up, so much for my pocket being ahead of the game!

17. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I hadn't planned on wings, but either SS or black would look good. Will have to see how this season goes. I just priced a deflector and holy (beep), my local dealer wants $250. I will probably order it but that seems outrageous for a piece of rubber.

18. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

SO,

The Western doesn't come in SS, but the fisher does ? Are they difficult to interchange, or is it just a bunch of rivets on the top, and a guide / slot in the bottom ?

How long did it take to remove ? Install each side ? What do the new mold boards cost ?

Is that a Teardrop Airstream ??? Those suckers look like a lot of fun...

Magnificent shop, BTW

TIA

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  19. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Western does not offer a stainless plow so I had to buy Fisher mold boards. There are four bolts on the top of each wing and just a slot in the bottom. I had them both changed in fifteen minutes. I did spend about an hour and a half getting the Fisher decals off however. The SS mold boards were expensive at $785 a piece I think, but the place I bought them paid me for my poly ones so I paid about half price. I'm very pleased with the outcome. The camper is a TAB I think its my uncles. Its nice a light and beats a tent but I don't think I could spend to many nights in it.

20. 1olddogtwo

Hold the boat....thought my dealer said 7 something for both.....I better double check Monday, I want they SS but not at 1600.