Snow Plowing Forum banner

Western HTS

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  yamahatim 
#1 ·
What to plowers think so far of the western HTS plow

#4 ·
I love mine. Not much more to say than that; I do 2 dirt driveways and our 1/4 mile long shared dirt road.

If I HAD to come up with a complaint, it seems like sometimes if I have the blade perfectly straight, and hit the right combination of speed and snowpack, I'll get some decent chatter. I'll back up and see lines where the cutting edge bit, kicked up, bit again, kicked up , bit again......this might happen on all plows, or it could be because my setup is new and the cutting edge is still very sharp.

I LOVE the ultramount setup, and the lights. STRONGLY recommended for someone doing a few driveways, maybe some light commercial cleanup work.

#5 ·
I purchased an HTS back in november. I installed it on my 2008 Dodge ram 1500. The blade was purchased with the intent of being a backup rig or for clean up after our other trucks were done in lots. Well as usual the unexpected happened with one of our other rigs. The HTS was used as a full time front line plow truck on 30 plus commercial lots and several large driveways. We have used the truck through five events with the last one being a ten inch snowfall and the unit ran 20 plus hours straight. the plow and truck for that matter have been flawless. I am impressed with how the HTS has held up. the cutting edge is alot thinner material than the pro plows and it is about due for a new cutting edge. aside from the cutting edge wearing down fast I have 0 complaints about the plow it has held up as well as our pro plows.

#6 ·
I have plowed all season with mine and it has been flawless. I was worried about the plow being built too light, not an issue. Plows like a champ. Like an above poster, I bought it to do just a couple residential driveways, ended up doing 2 large lots this season, plows like the big guys with a little guy price! Plus, it is lightweight, I put it on a 2004 F150 expecting to need timberons, no need. 4 sandbags in the box and you can hardly notice any squat when you lift the plow. I have a nice LED beacon for sale if anyone is interested too, http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=99892

I asked this question in another post too, but has anyone put extensions on an HTS yet? And which ones?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.