1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western HTS

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Kollerman, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Hey Guys,

I have enjoyed this website for a few years now and I believe I am going to finally expand my side lawn business into a lawn/snow removal business. I did some light snow removal (snowblowing) during the winter season last year, but I had a few people ask me if I also plowed. They were interested in having me plow some small business/apartment parking lots.

Anyway, I have been looking at possibly getting a plow for my truck this season and I have seen quite a few ads for the new Western HTS. I called my local Western dealer to find out a little about it and they were able to give me some info, but because it is new, they didn't have a lot of reviews.

So this is where I turn this to you experts. If you look at the video on western's website, and look at the structure of the plow, does this look like it would be something that would hold up well? I want to get a plow for my GMC 1500, but I want to make sure it is going to be dependable and hold up. Not something that is going to be too light for the truck and not hold up like I want.

Thanks for any input you guys can provide.

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The guys from Western told us at the service school the plow held up great during testing last year...but I suppose they are supposed to say that. What I can tell you is it is def alot stronger looking than the suburbanites they were putting on the 1/2 ton trucks.