1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western HTS

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ktown1801, Sep 27, 2010.

1. ktown1801

ktown1801 Junior Member
    from usa

Just bought a new/used western HTS for my 2007 GMC sierra all new style. The plow came off of a 2007 Silverado Classic. Question is, will the headlight harness and the 3 port isolation harness work for me? I understand that the mounts will not work, is there anyone out there willing to trade??

2. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

looks like the headlights use the same harness for one light and the other one is different. you should be able to splice them in anyway but you will have to cut your factory connector to do so (not something i like doing) the classic uses hb3/hb4 lights and the nbs uses hb3/hb11 so if you can find them online maybe just get an hb4 to hb11 adapter and not have to cut. but everything else should be fine.

3. ktown1801

ktown1801 Junior Member
    from usa

Do you know of anyone that makes such an animal????

4. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i know you can get the truck side harness from parts stores for when they burn out. then you can just take some male straight plugs to attach to the factory harness.

5. ktown1801

ktown1801 Junior Member
    from usa

Thanks, i will see what I can find!!!!!

6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Your Isolation Module will shut down when you put on the High beams. On the classiic, the hi and low come on independently. On your newstyle, the high and low come on together. Your Iso module will sence too much amp draw and either shut down or blow your truck headlight fuse. There is a relay kit that is intended for that application. You will need to wire in your HB 13 headlight plug. Right now you have HB3/HB4 setup.

Turn your hi-beams on your truck, and go stand out front. You will see both hi and low bulbs lit, unlike classic style (07 and older) that had one at a time on.

7. ktown1801

ktown1801 Junior Member
    from usa

Do you know the part # for the relay kit???