1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western HTS won't move

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by crackstp, Nov 13, 2011.

1. crackstp

crackstp Junior Member
    from MN

I have HTS that I bought 1 year a go, went to put it on truck and it does not move.

When I hit the controller all it does is try to go right, but it can't because it is already all the way right. Will not go left or up all buttons tries to go right. I thought it might a corroded hole on the 11 pin, I put new a harness the truck side still same problem.

I also can't take it any where for repairs, because it will not lift.
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

jack it under A--frame and short strap it to the dealer...it should be under the 2 year warranty
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The right turn function is the default position of the valves when no valve is being activated. Your motor relay is closing so that means your multiplex communication is working. That narrows it down to a most likely problem.... and that is.... a fuse! If you take the plastic shroud off of the motor / valve body you will find four wires going to a black plastic thing that looks like a plug with a cover on it. Take the cover off and there will be two 4 amp fuses. One is for the motor relay (should be good) and the other is for the three valve solenoid coils. Since none of the coils is activating this is the simplest and most likely cause. Replace the fuse and try it again. Let us know how you make out.