1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western hts v. snowdogg md75 v. fisher ht

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by allstarlawncare, Feb 18, 2010.

1. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

Lets hear your opinions on all three of them. I have a 2007 ford f150 subercab. I can get the snowdogg $800 cheaper, but is it really worth it? I have heard a lot of good things about the western hts. That would run me $4000 and the snowdogg is about $3200

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

What are you plowing with it? Just a few houses or are you doing a commercial route?
    The snow Dogg have had great ratings and the customer service seems to be second to none.

You can't go wrong with Western or Fisher, it will come down to dealer support and personal needs. I like the SS blade better than the painted plows since they will look newer longer.

3. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

one commercial, maybe two. I will be doing mainly driveways though. I am just wondering if the snowdogg will hold up. I can probably get the best service from the western dealer though

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Im sure the Dogg will hold up just fine. I got the EX series and that thing is a beast!! Does a very nice job cleaning everything up, etc. But it will boil down to dealer support though. Alot of guys here will beat you to death with their red plow stiffy, but it will ultimately be up to you since it is your $$$!!! Id say go for the Snow Dogg. I paid less for my 8 footer than they want for the western/fisher lightweight plow

5. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

I bought the MD75 and put it on my Jeep Wrangler and it has worked great for me. I plow 22 personal driveways and 3 small apartment/condo parking lots. Last week we got 9 inches or so and the plow worked great.

6. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Im a little biased as I have 2 of the MD75 Doggs on my trucks..
    Have 2 seasons on the one plow and 1 season on the 2nd plow.

The MD75 is their lighter duty plow, but I will tell you I have used it commercially
    now for 2 years. I plow small lots, Drive ways and 2 very large Medical centers
    and one I very large Retail center.... ( we have a case skid steer with a pusher box
    that works with us.

I do one sub-division. All the roads and every house in the sub-divsion. Usually 2 or 3 trucks.

Most snowfalls of 3 to 6 inches It takes us about 5 to 7 hours to do all of our route.

The Snow doggs have held up exceptionally well and I would choose it over the western or myer any day.....

Dont know about Fisher, never used or seen one around here.

7. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

fisher and western are owned by the same company so there is not much of a difference between the newer plows. iam starting to see more and more snowdoggs around and they seem to have a good reputation. I wouldsave the money and go with the snowdogg if i were you.

8. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Click the link in signiture.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I would take the Western over the Fisher. The mounting system is reportedly much better on the Western.

Boss also makes a Sport Duty. And Sno-Way plows are lightweight and very good quality.

10. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I was down to the Boss and Fisher, I like the clearance of the Fisher in the off season.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The Boss push beam does hang pretty low. I guess you could unbolt it in April and put it back on in November.

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I take my Push Plates off every Summer

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's probably a real good idea. Gives you a chance to inspect your frame and push plates regularly. Do you re-use the bolts, or buy new hardware?

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Bought new stuff- 6 bolts total on mine so no big deal. I just don't want it exposed to the elements year round. Plus my wife has bad judgement and would run up curbs with it if I left it on.

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If you are interested in buying a Fisher I would sugest a 7.5' SD. When I bought my SD the dealer toled me the HT is very light duty and that the SD is alot better plow. He toled me the HT is for a small driveway, not for a big driveway or comercial use. But if you are not interested in the SD I would sugest the HT out of the 3 plows you listed.

16. Letusspray

Letusspray Junior Member

Hey, I'm thinking of purchasing a Tundra. What is the front GAWR on yours - if you don't mind me asking. Also, does Toyota say that you'll void their warranty if you plow with the truck?? Thanks, Mark

17. mercer_me

The GVWR is 6900

18. Letusspray

Letusspray Junior Member

Actually, I was curious about the "front axle" rating (GAWR) only as opposed to the overall GVWR. This is listed on a sticker on the drivers door frame which your shoulderbelt is attached to. Thanks for your help though....

19. mercer_me

Oh sory. The FGAWR is 4000.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  20. Letusspray

Letusspray Junior Member

Checked out your pics and agree with the others - sweet set-up!! Did Fisher recommend that size plow for the 4000 lb front end? Did you have to modify the front suspension at all?? Does it mess with your Toyota warranty?