1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western HTS users, testimonials wanted

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Shawn S, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Shawn S

Shawn S Junior Member

I am looking at plows for my half-ton. The closest dealer sells Boss and Western. They are recommending the Western HTS or Boss Sport Poly.
    I am looking for real-life testimonials on the Western HTS. What has your experience been? I have read several threads on here and found reviews to be about 50/50. Some people really like the build of the plow and ease of use, while others are having problems with welds breaking.
    Give me your two cents, why do you like or dislike the HTS? Would you buy it again?

2. ARG Inc.

ARG Inc. Junior Member

We bought an HTS last year for our F-150 and haven't had any problems. The Ultramount system is nice and easy to use... If you have specific questions feel free to ask...Good Luck with your search....

3. Screamin!

Screamin! Junior Member

I have the HTS on my Chevy 1500, and I've had zero problems with it all last winter. I just wish they made a wing kit for it! I picked up another 1500 over the summer, and am considering buying another HTS for it as well. I've got a lot of people stopping to check it out, and had a lot of other plow guys interested in it as well, and I've recommended it to all of them.

4. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

I just got an western HTS this year and I love it. It is built very well, and plows great. I also looked at the boss sport duty the western is way better built than the boss.

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i have sold a bunch of them in the past 2 years. everybody has been very happy with them. i did have one that a weld broke on the A frame and one had a leaky cylinder. both replaced under warranty.

they are a nice little plow for non commercial use.