1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western HTS on Lifted Silverado?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by edmiller1976, Sep 24, 2015.

1. edmiller1976

edmiller1976 Junior Member

Can a Western HTS work on a 3-4" lifted Silverado? I am moving from a 2001 to a 2012 that has a 3-4" lift. The mounts seem to be quite higher. Although the plow seems to able to extend down to the street level ok I am concerned the angle will be way off. Are there any adjustments or other mounting hardware that can help offset the lift distance for an HTS installation on a lifted chassis? Thank you

20150922_133541.jpg

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

By the pic it doesn't look that high. Are you just doing your drive way?

3. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

You might have to lose the grille-guard. And trim that purdy fascia.

4. edmiller1976

Thanks guys. I am new to this site and for some reason I did not get emails showing there were replies to my post. I already removed the chrome grille guard. I also kept the old Western HTS controller and receivers from my old truck. According to the install company I needed to switch back to the factory headlights because the ones pictured here are HID upgrades and for some reason that was going to cause issues for them. I ended up getting the original light assemblies off of Amazon for about $150 not bad. I am going to the the installers today to finalize and get a appointment to get my plow mounted.

Does anyone know what kind of bumper cutting they may need to do for the Ultramount for the HTS? I assume I will need the extension plates for the receivers to being the mount down some to accommodate the lift.

Thanks

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Honestly, if your the least bit handy you could do this yourself.

6. edmiller1976

Randall, I actually thought about that. Where can I order the kit for the HTS for my truck? I already have the plow. I just need the under the hood stuff and the frame mount. Also where could I find the instructions on how to install? The installers want to charge around $1,800 to do the install. I would need to to review the install instructions to make sure I am comfortable with doing it. Thank you

7. IAGator

IAGator Junior Member

8. edmiller1976

Thank you all. I had it installed and all is good. There are the side plates for the receivers that drop it like another 3" plus the mount for the truck itself is much lower than i expected. So its all good.