1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western HTS on a 2005 Chev Suburban?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 2005ChevSub, Mar 5, 2013.

1. 2005ChevSub

2005ChevSub Junior Member

New poster, apologies for newbie ignorance.

Considering a new Western HTS plow for my '05 Chev Suburban 1500 for homeowner use. Western's online truck / plow matching application confirms need for bumper notching for Tahoe (silent re: Suburban with identical bumper, etc).

Does anyone have experience mounting this particular plow on that truck? Would I lose the front towing hooks? What about the truck's nearby fog lights? Any other issues to consider?

Does anyone have a photo showing the bumper of a 2000-05 Suburban / Tahoe with an HTS plow mounted?

Thanks very much.
    :salute:
    (Cross-posted on the Chevy trucks forum.)

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Could also try looking around your area to see if any has a similar setup on there's. haven't done one personally. Usually fog lights are ok and stay.

3. 2005ChevSub

Western1 - thanks for the reply.
    The local dealer can't remember a specific customer with that setup, so I thought I would ask here. Hopefully someone on this forum has done that particular setup or has seen it; better yet, has a photo of the bumper / air dam after mounting.

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I know on the 3/4 ton trucks you just have to trim about a 1/2 inch or bend it up.

5. 2005ChevSub

That's encouraging! And you mean Suburban / Tahoe / Yukon, not just Silverado / Sierra?
    Do you happen to know if the hooks can stay, or does the plow frame have to be bolted on exactly where the hooks are mounted?

6. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

I think the hooks go away most of the time.

7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Plow frame does utilize the same holes as the tow hooks. I have had some applications where the tow hooks can be reinstalled. Westerns installation instructions will not tell you that you can put them back in!

8. 2005ChevSub

Thanks again for the input.