1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western HTS Flag fix

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by testrat, Dec 19, 2011.

1. testrat

testrat Junior Member

These following pic are how i have fixed i think - the flag issue - of them breaking off with very little use. these are the oem flags, that broke off basically flush on the bottom. i have a lathe, milling machine, and band saw, among other fabricating tools.. The sleeve is 3 inches long, 1½ inchs dia. I had a block of Alum. that i turned down, and bored out part way. bottom is solid around 5/8" thick, or maybe 3/4" i think, that i drilled and threaded, but didn't drill all the way thru. Did drill pee hole thou in the center for water to drain and in the bracket it bolts to also. i slit the upper section with my bandsaw. and used muffler clamp to squeeze the flags spring and hold it in place.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Direct link to all pics: http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/testrat/Sno-Plow Flag Repair - Western HTS series/
    i think this should do the job...

2. testrat

testrat Junior Member

now, just watch... i'll almost bet i don't get hardly snow this year.