1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western HTS Feedback

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by SkiJohnnyB, Dec 27, 2010.

1. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

I did a couple of searches and didn't find anything. I'm looking at several plows for my '07 Chev Silverado 1/2 ton. Plowing 600ft of driveway that is some pavement and some gravel. Mainly considering:

Boss Standard Duty Straight Plow
    Western HTS
    Western Mid Weight

I talked to a couple of dealers today who were really high on the Western HTS. Anybody own one and have any feedback???

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The Boss Standard Duty is the best choise out of the three. Then Western Mid Wieght. Then Western HTS. But the HTS is the last thing you should get IMO.

3. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

I spent some time at the truck equip shops in my area and am now looking at the blizzard LT.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's the worst one you have named off IMO. Go with The Boss you won't regret it.

5. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Go with the Boss.

My dad has the HTS on his Silverado and hates it. Wishes he had gone with something else.

6. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

I just added a Boss 7.6 Ploy standard to my 09 1500 Silverado. Sweet setup, but I have 1 warning for you. My Silverado has a slot in the lower bumper to allow air to the trans cooler ( HD trailering option ). Well, no air is getting in there and in a 5 mile slow 40mph drive, my trans temp was up to 185F. It's normaly at 110-120F. The BOSS's inclosed pump housing completely blocks the air hole. I have to look into relocating my trans cooler to the upper radiator area.