1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western hts anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by east end turf, Feb 15, 2014.

1. I just got a 14 1500 silverodo crew cab want to put a western hts do I have to put timberns or a leveling kit in ?

2. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

Hell no the plows like 500 pounds. It looks pretty light duty but i have one and ive plowed some big storms with it. Not really dissaponted at all. Just likes to trip a little when you hit the frozen stuff. But i have one with 7" extensions welded on each side so im like 8.9" wide. I run a 97 gmc 1500. Great for all my accounts

3. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Depending on what you want to plow I would sudgest going with a mid weight plow. That's what I have on my 1500 1/2 ton. My neighbor has a HTS on his 1500 GMC and I personally think its a very overpriced and under powered.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

The HTS weighs 412 lbs plus the weight of the mount. I don't think you'll need timbrens at all. If you're going to do a lot of work with it like numerous residential drives I might suggest them, but if you're just doing your own driveway I wouldn't worry about it. Then on the other hand, they're relatively cheap insurance. For 300.00 you can buy them and have them installed.

5. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

I'm plowing 15 accounts and have been for awhile with one you don't need no timbrens or any of that... with this winter the plow is getting alot of heavy use... What do you plan on plowing?

6. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

[​IMG][/IMG]

Plan on redoing the flap as one next year and re painting the extentions. truck don't sag at all im a little over 500