1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western HT series 7'6"

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Shade Tree NJ, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

Have an 03 F550 that I recently purchased, great deal on it. Has a Western mount, been looking for a good deal on plow. Found a great deal on a "HT" series 7'6".

My question is will a HT series fit on an F550. I know its a smaller plow for that truck, but for the price I don't want to pass it up! Don't know alot about plows, thus why I'm asking for some help/ Thanks in advance

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

you can get it on there it uses a regular ultra mount....but that truck will fold that plow up like a dollar store lawn chair the first manhole cover you hit

3. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I agree. I wouldn't put anything less then a 9 ft straight blade on that truck. Those plows are nice but there made for a 1500 series truck. There not a real heavy duty plow. The other thing is it wouldn't be wide enough to cover the rear wheels. So you would be packing down a lot of snow with each pass.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

The only reason for you to buy that plow would be to flip it or if you plan to purchase a 1/2 ton pick up or SUV.

Nine foot blade for sure

5. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

OK Shade tree

First Lesson. Being that you are new to this >>>YOUR TRUCK IS A F550 =1 3/4

The plow needs to be at least 8.5 wide to even 9.5-10.0.

Like Jim said Your truck will fold it up and then run it over like a dollar speacial at a drug store:eek:

THAT PLOW NAME IS HT FOR A REASON HALF TON TRUCK....... AND PROBABLY ONLY WEIGHS ABOUT 680LB TO MY BEST GUESS MAYBE 700 WITH TRUCK MOUNT.

So for the best thing buy the plow and sell it to someone with a 1/2 ton or small SUV and make some dough or just leave it alone

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

412lbs plus mount