1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western HID bulbs for Ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by infineon954, Dec 4, 2005.

1. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Anybody know if there High Intensity bulbs that can be installed in the Ultramount lights?

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I am curious about that too, unless your straight blade is different than my mvp the headlight is a sealed unit, haven't really had time to go to the parts stores to see if they had anything.

3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Well, I did a little more research and they are a sealed beam. Perhaps there are aftermarket beams to install.

4. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

this is one area western is lacking, I am thinking of treating myself to the meyer night sabers, but im not 100% sold on them yet.

5. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I have been meaning to look into this. I'm not impressed with my western lights at all. I just got the wester this year. I'm hoping the dealer didn't align my lights properly, so I need to realign them.

My route is all in the city, so it's not really a problem. But I can't drive anywhere without my highbeams on or the lights are useless, is this normal?

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Mike, my Unimount is the same way, I usually just use my high beams. I'm thinking about doing a conversion to standard bulb (kit found in JCWhitney catalog for ~$40.00) and running a pair of silverstars or something a little brighter.

7. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I was thinking about runing the same conversion from witney, but am usure of the depth. figure it cant hurt too much to try. I will be ordering my this week, and will report back on how they work.

8. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Im gonna mount two - 4 D CELL mag lights, that should give me more light than western stock lights.

I"ll tell ya what. That is by far the most dissapointing issue I have with the new western. Their lights S U C K ! You'd think for $4k they could come up with something a little better.

9. MJay

MJay Member

Hmmmmmmmmm, mine sucked also. I opened up the lights, changed the plugs to regular car plugs ($3 for a pair) and installed the whiter lights ($12 each). Not sure how they'll perform, but worse case senario I've got spare lights for the truck and I can buy regular sealed units for the plow from any auto store.