1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Help

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Rcgm, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Ok a friend of mine has a western 7.5 blade he had it on a 1996 dodge he just got a 2004 f150 4x4 he is trying to buy a new mount and they said he had to buy a ultra mount with a uni mount adapter.I understand the ultra mount but what is the uni mount adapter?Can he just buy the ultra mount and put his uni mount hardware on it I was assuming the adapter part is just the hardware where the pins slide thru?Thanks for your help

RCGM
    Brad

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Sorry wrong forum can you move my post to the western section.

Thanks
    RCGM
    Brad

3. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

The adapter slides in like the shoes on an Ultra, and hooks up to the plow just like the UNI mount setup..same thing on my dads 05 F-250 since they dont make a uni mount frame for the new trucks you have to get the ultra to uni adapter..Without the adapter the uni mount would not hook up to the truck...hope this helps

4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Ok anybody have what I need they want 900 dollars for the mount and adapter here in indianapolis.

RCGM
    Brad

5. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

that is ridiculous!! try here www.autotruck.com give them a call, talk to jeff in parts....

6. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

I Had To Buy That Set Up For My 96 Chevy.i Really Like It,it Comes Of Real Simple An Easy.so Then Its Out Of The Way,an Wont Get Hung Up On Something When Your Off Road.i Paid 500.00 For Mine Both Peices.
    I Bought It In Kallmazoo Mi. I'm Sure They Ship ,there A Big Westeren Dealer In My Area..let Me Know I Can Give U The # If Your Interested..