1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western help needed (newbie)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Maxwell350, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Maxwell350

Maxwell350 Junior Member
    from 46140

Hi everybody! I am new to the snow plow scene. I just bought a 8'6" Unimount western straight blade, plow only. I'm curious as to what wiring I will need for the truck and what controller I will need. The plow has a 9 pin plug (atleast thats what I counted) and of course the 2 pin power for the pump. I paid $750 for the plow and thought that was a pretty good deal. any help would be greatly appreciated!Thumbs Up

00M0M_cwixKXEmDUN_600x450.jpg

00F0F_8vpgWfA1Fjt_600x450.jpg

00m0m_k2PCt7Tzpmn_600x450.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

well there are lots of harness's out there to pick from. youd need a 2 relay set up most likely, or that's the easiest set up to go with. depending upon your truck. since you didn't mention what its going on we cant go any farther theres 2 controllers a box and a handheld

3. Maxwell350

Maxwell350 Junior Member
    from 46140

Sorry I forgot to mention that. It's going on a 1995 f-350 4x4

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You could get away with the 2 relay setup. Look up any of the sponcers and they should be able to help you out

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

6. Maxwell350

Maxwell350 Junior Member
    from 46140

That mount is very hard to come by in my area. I have yet to see one for sale on craigslist.