1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Heavyweight on international 4300

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PhilFromErie, Sep 16, 2011.

1. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

So I want to put a 10' heavyweight on a 4300 international, the GVRW is 33,000 western says you cant put it on a truck over 27,500. More important than that my dealer may not be willing to install it. Has anyone done this and do the dealers go by registered weight or the max the truck can be registered at?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The dealer I work for goes exclusively by Western's recommendation. Putting a plow on a non-recommended vehicle is called a "force feed" and it becomes and issue of liability. If your dealer does do it for you Western will probably NOT honour your warranty if something fails. That is a pretty big truck even for a heavyweight. You might try contacting Western and ask if they don't offer it simply because it's not worth their trouble or because it's NOT recommended. If it's just a matter of no mount having been designed then they will be able to tell you if there is a reason not to go ahead.