1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western heavyweight mount on f750 anyone have pics?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jasonz, Oct 6, 2013.

1. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

Directions are vague but I understand how it goes together but I won't be able to use any of the bumper bolts so I thought maybe I would put the mount behind the bumper as long as I could keep the bumper close enough to where it won't look stupid. Since it's a chrome bumper in great shape I'd rather not cover half of it with a big black plow mount. I was wondering if anyone had any pics of their setups on a 650 or 750.
  2. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

so this is what we came up with

the mount is removable for the off season so we don't have to drive around with a big black plate over our chrome bumper.

We fabricated mounting plates that bolted on to the side of the frame rails where the tow hooks get bolted to. So when the mount is off all that remains are two small plates in the bumper cutouts where the tow hooks would be.

Granted its not going to come off in five minutes it shouldn't be too hard to take it off and put it back on once a year.