1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western has lost my business

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wnyps, Nov 20, 2007.

1. wnyps

wnyps Member

It all started when i ordered an 08' ford superduty on Aug. 30 from a dealership my friend is a salesman at, I then told him to order a western 8'.6" poly v, which he then placed the order with his plow installer.My salesman called me and said my truck is in(Oct.17) but there is a problem with the plow, the main western distributer had my plow on hold but they sold it to another buyer because they tought their order would be in buy the time my truck was in.Wrong!!!!!! My salesman told me that the main distributer put in a emergency order to get my plow before the snow flies they told me 1 to 2 weeks WRONG!!!!!! try like 3 weeks.Well the plow finally came ,my salesman said, but there's one problem, Western sent a 7'6" poly v instead of the 8.6.No one in my area is carrying any 8.6mvp plows, so im out luck to go anywhere else.The main distributer then put in another emergency order on wed. and they said it will be in on fri. or monday,so today(tues.) i called the installer to book my appointment and he then tells me the plow is now on back order and they can not give me a time frame when its coming in.My patience are wearing very thin, so i personaly call the main distributer to gets some answers WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :realmad:They tell me theres nothing they can do about western, when it comes in it comes in,but they can sell me a 8.6 steel v they have and they will knock off $50 for my inconvenience.:dizzy::realmad:I told my friend at the dealership to tell western to stick it up their you know what and said get me a Boss 8.2 poly v .Thanks for nothing western and emerling.

2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thats funny, my friend just ordered a 8'6" poly V and had it installed about a week ago.

Sorry about your luck. I don't think I would have had as much patience as you did. I like Western plows, but I think you'll be more than happy with the Boss.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I had a go-around with Fisher last year and I was not impressed with their customer service either. However, my problems got handled fairly quick. Not sure if its the same company but I know what your going through, maybe its a blessing in disguise.

4. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

its probably emerlings fault anyways they always screw things up and then blame someone else

5. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

So in the western dealer thread you are saying they ahve one in stock? well there is the blade now all you need is for them to get you the bracket and wires not that hard, dont blame a company cause a distributor messed up, cause im sure they are backed up with you and others who always wait till the snow is on the ground almost to get parts, blades and anything else you need at the last second

6. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Can't say as I blame ya. I'm done buying Western stuff after the latest bad cylinder on my brand new MVP. Dealer was a jerk to me about replacing it. They hired $5 an hour welders and it shows.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2007
  7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

How long have you guys been in this business? I've been seeing faulty equipment show up on occassion since I was just a wee lad, back in my Dad's shop. It's nothing new. This is the worst time of year to try to buy a plow. Possibly a part of it can be attributed to poor planning on your part....:rolleyes:

8. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

My dad has been plowing for 25 years with the cable controlled conventional. Few glitches here and there but it happens. And I've been doing it for 7 now. First two plows I bought worked flawless. The mounts and plow I bought last August....not quite sure what that has to do with anything:rolleyes::rolleyes:......have major quality issues.

But I guess if you wanna call poor planning on my part expecting decent stuff insane, lock me up in the nut ward. :jester:

9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

But the point is, the dealer had the plow but sold it and now cannot get the plow to replace the one they had waiting for him when the truck comes in. I can see your frustration and dont think it was poor planning on your part. I know you dont care to hear it but at least youll be getting a better plow now :)

10. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I would run with the 7.5 until the 8.5 comes in, then give them back the one you used and let the dealer deal with it. All you will need to do is swap plows nothing else.:dizzy:

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You have some type of complex or something? The comment regarding poor planning was not aimed at you. When I plan to add new equipment, I purchase in the spring, you can get some killer deals on leftover equipment. Just planning ahead a little bit helps both financially and chronologically.

12. wnyps

wnyps Member

My plow was ordered on Aug.28 so i dont think it was a last minute ordering issue,but instead the distributer said they had one in stock and reserved it for me till the truck was built, but instead sold it to someone else hoping a new shipment would come in before my truck was delivered.

13. wnyps

wnyps Member

I just received this email from western: Thank you for your inquiry and we apologize for the delay you have experienced in receiving the correct blade you have ordered. The mvp plus 8.6 blade are in fact ,on back order, however we were able to ship one too Emerling for you today, it was shipped via fed ex freight and emerling has been notified that its on its way. Again we apologize for the errors that have occured in providing you with your order.From the information i was able to obtain regarding this situation,it appears that the errors were made at the factory so i hope you do not hold emerling responsible.It was an unfortunate chain of events and not indicate the level of service we provide.Please accept our appologies and we hope you enjoy your mvp plus snowplow. Sincerely customer service.

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

So it sounds like it was a problem with Western's dealer network. I doubt the problem was at the factory, but it would be very unprofessional for a company to pass the blame on to one of its dealers, even if that were the case.

Hopefully you keep an open mind and see what this will bring. Please report back.

15. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Wow, Western really stepped it up!

16. gorman

gorman Junior Member

mvp

the western mvp is a great plow. sounds to me like you waited too long:cry:

17. wnyps

wnyps Member

It would be nice if emerling or western would threw in a set of plow wings for all my trouble(ya right) .Honestly emerling was blaming western for the screw up,but emerling should have been honest with me up front to begin with and should of contacted western to find out whats the problem with the plow and then contacting me,never happened. Instead i had to email western personally to find the problem with plow shipment,it took less then 12hrs to get this resolved myself through contacting western directly.Why couldn't emerling do that? I take back what i said "western has lost my business" and say thanks to them for stepping up to the plate. Like the old saying says"If you want something done right, you got to do it yourself".:salute Darren

18. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

my 2 cents

i dont think its a planning issue with anybody, if it snows tomorrow and i wanna buy a plow today is that bad planning?? i think not, i think its an excuse on the dealers part, these dealers need to step up, there is alot of competetion out there BOSS, Fishcer, snow-way, u name it. If western wants to be #1 then they need to offer #1 service before and after the sale period, for you all guys who thinks its a problem with poor planning need to take a hike, or get a dose of reality, this aint 1955 and we aint plowing with wood plows anymore. People pay way too much money for plows and u bet your arse there gonna want service for every single penny they spend. If western cant step up then im sure another company will do what ever it takes to EARN YOUR BUISNESS, thats right..i said EARN, just beacuse its western does not mean u have to but from them..they have to EARN your buisness just like you do for your plow customers..so stop defending the dealers and wake up!!

19. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Hey fella relax there guy. No need to get personal.

I found a dealer with the old style ultramount mvp up in MN and had it shipped down here for a good price. So I do know what you mean about planning ahead. Worked out great, new style mvp sucks and I got a great deal.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  20. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I got a great deal on my MVP too. $2200 and it was used one time. I'm curious as to why you don't like the MVP Plus, would you mind explaining a little?