1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Harness #

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DJC, Nov 5, 2011.

1. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I have a 01 GMC 2500HD with DRL's and I need a headlight harness for a solenoid control MVP 12 pin. If I can get the # then I can order it. I have looked at westerns site but all I can find are ones for 9 pin 2000 and older?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to be more specific about the harness you need and the system it is going on. The fact that you have a solenoid indicates that it is not a multiplex system and you said it is a V plow. Do you need the cable that goes from the isolation module to the plow headlights or the one that goes between the truck headlights and the isolation module?

The one that goes from iso module to plow (for plow lights) is the same for all three and four port iso module systems. #28587

If you need the headlight harness that actually goes between the headlights of the truck and isolation module you need to tell us what kind of bulbs you have: HB13, HB5 or what ever. And for this cable you have to specify three or four port module as the cables are different. I looked up the vehicle you listed and it probably has the HB3 / HB4 bulbs if I guessed all the options correctly, if I am right then you need #29048 for the three port isolation module or #8437-1 for the four port isolation module.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Thanks for the info, Sorry I forgot to mention it has quad headlights, HB3 / HB4. There is not a isolation module on it. The truck I took the plow off from just used the relays.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I can't help with the relay systems, they are before my time and I don't want to misslead you. Look for a guy who goes by B&B on this site, he knows the old stuff inside out and can probably get it for you too, he has lots of old style inventory.

5. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Thanks very much!

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

7. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I don't think that's the correct one either. I think it should have 3 relays and not 2. That is for a ultramount I think and I don't know if it will interchange. Maybe I'm missing something here.

8. DJC

DJC Senior Member

9. DJC

DJC Senior Member

10. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Does anyone else have a # that they use??