1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western harness part # help Please!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 86f350, Jul 21, 2011.

1. 86f350

86f350 Member

I have a a 9 pin 2 plug western pro plus plow. I need all the truckside wiring part numbers. my local shop only can find a 3 plug with isolation module and harness crap. I just want to keep the 2 plug set up. Its for a 2002 dodge 2500 diesel with HB1 non DRL. Western chart only show 3 plug. I know theres a way to keep it a 2 plug. PLEASE HELP! THANKS

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The only thing you need truck specific is the 26009 headlamp harness for the HB1's with a 9 pin. The 61437 control harness, 61169 vehicle side battery harness, 22511 battery lead and motor solenoid aren't truck specific. But that you likely already know. :salute:

3. 86f350

86f350 Member

Thanks B&B i ordered them friday. Hopefully they get me the right ones.

4. 86f350

86f350 Member

I got the truck all wired up and everything works except the headlights will not switch from the truck to the plow. This is the second dodge that i have set up that has turned out this way. ive checked and ive checked everything its all hooked up right. when i plug the plow in it turns just the headlamps off. the other dodge the headlights stay on but will not switch over. They both have different plows but i know they work because ive had them hooked up to my other trucks. Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Have you verified you have battery voltage through the inline fuse holders and on the red wires at the plow low and high beam relays?

6. 86f350

86f350 Member

i do not have any in line fuse holders. just the little 6amp glass one in the cab. i can hear the relays clicking when i plug the plow in. I see some people have a 4 and 5 relay system. i only have the 2 relay system. This dodge is a PITA my fords have never been this bad.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It shouldn't have only two relays, it should have four and that's why it doesn't work. So you either didn't get a 26009 harness or your 26009 is mis-labeled, which I've found over the last few years happens a lot with Western's wiring. A real 26009 should look like the diagram on pg 3 in this this document.

8. 86f350

86f350 Member

it must be mis labeled bacause the box says its the 26009. with what i have can i bypass all the relay stuff and go directly to a 3 way switch?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can do it any way you want if your wiring savvy. You can wire the plow lamps totally separate and just use a three way toggle or incorporate the relays you have and trip them with a light duty toggle and wiring. Either way will do it depending on how much wiring skill you have.