1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western hand held controller

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mudchevy, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

The problem I'm having is that every now and again I will hit the raise or left or right button (it does not matter what button it is) and nothing will happen and the motor makes an rrrrrrrrr sound. If I tap the controller on something, then it works fine for a couple of hours. Has anybody else had this problem? I did replaced the cord for the controller but not the circuit board yet.:drinkup:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Their well know for that. Since you already replaced the controller cord, looks like it's time for a new PC board as well.
  3. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

I had this same problem 2 yrs ago. Must have torn the pump apart flushed it and new fluid atleast 10 times only to get the same results. Good learning experience as to how the pump works!! Anyway, took it to the dealer, they say nothings wrong, wouldn't happen for them. Snows, and yes of course it happens, won't angle left or raise. Called a buddy of mine, hooked his truck up to the plow and it works, hook my truck up to his plow and it doesn't work. Switched controllers and everything works...took it to the dealer and he said everything works, told him to check again and it was the board. put a new one in and no problems since....good luck
  4. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

Thanks for the info mulchmonkey2000. I also took my controller in and had it check and it worked at the dealer of course. Why is that when ever you go to the dealer for any type of work, everything works fine but when you're out in the middle of the night, things tend to break or quite working??? Looks like I'm going to be buying a new board.