1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Hand Controller on/off switch won't turn on

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kruser6, Dec 28, 2010.

1. kruser6

kruser6 Member
    from Iowa

I was plowing on Sunday and got out to run into the gas station. Turned the truck off and when I came back out my controller would light up but the on/off switch wouldn't come on and I couldn't get the blade to work.

From what I read this is probably the circuit board, but is there any other troubleshoots that I can do before forking over $180 to have a new board put into it?

Thanks in advance

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

try a different control from a freind or dealer.

3. kruser6

kruser6 Member
    from Iowa

I took off a controller from one of my other plows and the blade works fine. It's definitely in the controller. Was just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if there is an easier solution then paying for a $180 circuit board replacement.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sadly, no. it should not have just gone bad though. was anything spilled on it?

5. kruser6

kruser6 Member
    from Iowa

No not that I know of, one of the guys that was working for me actually was the run running it. Is there anything that he could have done to make it go bad? I don't think anything was spilled on it.

:dizzy: