1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western frame help on ford

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by backhoehead, Sep 15, 2009.

1. backhoehead

backhoehead Junior Member
    from 19540

I hoping someone can identify what I have and what I need to install the plow I have on a 96 F-150 4WD. I have attached pictures of what I have have as far as the frames and was hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I would like to be able to plow my own driveway about 1/4 mile when we get the ocassional plowable snow any help is appreciated. I do have the equipment and the means to fabricate some parts if necessary just trying to get a starting point and was hoping for a simple bolt on application to the ford. I think the frame that has the pump mount came off of a ramcharger and the other frame suppositly was ford. Anyway I thought one of you could identify what I have and point me in the right direction.

Attached Files:

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

The bottom two pictures are unimount mount parts for 80-91 Fords. The front of the frames are different from the 80-91 style to the 92-96 style.

3. backhoehead

from 19540

Thank you for the information so that eliminates the bottom two pictures can't use those parts, any idea if the top picture could be mounted on a 95 F-150. As I said I think it came off a ramcharger. I have all the parts for it so that will probably be the frame I modify to fit. Cut (cuss), modify(cuss), weld (cuss), bolt(cuss) Drink and wait for the snow.

4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I'm sure you could get either to work with enough effort, but I'd look around for the right mount if I were you. It was a pain to find one for the 92-96 when I tried last year, but they're around if you're willing to spend the money. Check ebay. Storks will probably have one, although they really like to take advantage of the fact that Western doesn't sell these mounts anymore and they're incredibly expensive. They might take your mount in trade though. Good luck.

5. backhoehead

from 19540

Thanks again, I'll give it a try I actually know Gene from years ago working on Jeeps in old garage before he opened the shop.

6. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Is the plow frame the same on a 3/4 ton & a 1/2 ton? I dunno. I do know I have a Western conventional mount plow frame from a '92 F-250 sitting outside my shop. Damn thing weighs as much as a Kia though. If you at least want pics, lemme know.

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

8. backhoehead

from 19540

Adksnowo I appreciate the offer for the pictures but a quick look on the western site it seems the 150 and 250 are different. Thanks to all for the input to my original question and I now know what I have. Thanks again guys........

9. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

The thrust arms are different, but the main frame is the same. All of them can be made to work on each other. I had to remove the sway bar on one of my Broncos for the thrust arms to fit, but it didn't really make a difference. I know somebody that's mounted the sway bar to the plow frame instead of taking it off. If you can find one with the right main frame, I'd buy it and not worry much about the thrust arms.