1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Fleet Flex Plow questions.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by horizon jay, Dec 12, 2013.

1. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

I have a western fleet flex straight blade and even when the truck is off, the plow still works (up, down, left , right). Obviously with controller in the on position. I have my controller plugged into aux power in fuse panel. Do I need to change that or is that normal? Also only one plow headlight side works with low beams on, both work with high. I replaced the one that wasnt working today and it still doesnt work, no low only high beam. I have die-elec greased the connections truck to plow side. Any ideas? Brand new harness and module so not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You need the control wire hooked into a switched ignition source. It will kill your battery if you don't change it. Check the connectors that plug into the factory truck harness for lights. You will see that on side has an "A" on it and the other side has a "B" on it. They have to both be on the same side.

3. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Control wire - Check! Thanks.
    factory truck harness. You mean the headlight connections at the headlamp correct? my chevy lights work when plows not on. So i think the connection is good there (via the western headlight harness adapters completing the "loop" connetion.)
    western light harness is correct driverside to passenger with working turn lamps. If I misunderstood lmk. I am tryin to get this squared away. i was freezing today and force fed my screw into the plastic cover onto the back of nighthawk after replacing bulb. then stripped it trying to get it out lol. So its not going anywhere. would love it to be a plug elsewhere. Thanks for your help! I appreciate it!!

4. kimber750

The light harness has to plugs at the head light end of the harness. One connects to the trucks connector that used to be plugged into your trucks headlights. This plug is reversible. Both of these connectors on the driver and passenger side must be plugged into the same designation, A or B, on the western harness.

5. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

I appreciate your help. However my a and b are not reversible. Hb3 and h11 headlights have diff spacing. I tried to swap em just now. I have unplugged and re plugged all ports on ISO. Took out relay, out back relay cause nothing worked and still no low beam on pass side but high beam works on both sides. I'm stumped. Snow tonight . Ill b blinding people lol.

6. kimber750

7. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

I think I understand now. The plug for the low beam may just need to be flipped around and put back in the same port.? I wish I would have seen this during the day! Thank you I will have a go at it after this storm. I appreciate your help!

8. kimber750

Thumbs Up............