1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western/Fisher Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ipushsnow, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Have a Western Tornado poly V-box, had great luck with it and thinking of getting another one. So I am shopping around and see that the Fisher LOOKS the exact same (except for being yellow), and is $1,000.00 less! For those of that know spreaders, is there any difference? Like the Fisher is a generic version of the Western or something? And yes, I know Douglas Dynamics owns both Western and Fisher. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks boys.

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

That's odd because DOUGLAS DYNAMICS usually touts FIsher as their more premium line. However you are in traditional Western terriotory so maybe that has something to do with the prices.

The spreaders are the same. Made on the same line. I would just make sure the Fisher is not old stock. Two years ago the first models had problems. Their were kits made to rectify this, but why by a problem? How old is the Western you have?

3. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

The Western was new last year, and no problems like the old generation tornadoes. As for living in Western territory, yes they are made here, but the prices I was referring to were from CPW in Illinois.

4. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Its the opsite here...I was quoted $3300 for a new tornado, and $4400 for a fisher..ussmileyflag

5. daplowman

daplowman Member

Company is relocating me, so I am selling my Tornado. Mods are done. Runs like a champ

6. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Fisher poly spreader

THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME UNIT JUST A DIFFERENT COLOR AND NAME THAT'S WHAT I WAS TOLD BY FISHER. I CHECKED AROUND AND FOUND THAT FISHER WAS A LOT CHEAPER IN PRICES. I JUST PURCHASED A FISHER POLY SPREADER YESTERDAY.:salute: SNOWANDICEMAN

7. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

snowandiceman,

did you purchase yours in salem,MA.? I wan't sure if were allowed to plug companies here. I'm in the crossroads to purchase either a (buyers)salt dogg 2.0for 2,800.00 cork screw auger 2 years old or the fisher poly quoted $4,000.00.it seems everyone is all over the place in terms to pricing. In addition, were you purchasing based on price or performance. this will be my first purchase to a poly to outfit a f350 6.5 bed and wish not to regret the purchase.
    any help is greatly appreciated.