1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western/Fisher releasing 18 new plow models

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ManorLandscape8, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ManorLandscape8

ManorLandscape8 Member

saw on both the Western and Fisher facebook pages that they are releasing 18 new plow models. Anybody got some info? I am hoping Western starts making some stainless steel plows.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Old news.....

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Ok.. What's the news? Search returned nothing. What do we know?

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Push boxes, Fisher has an XV2, etc. etc etc. My guess from olddog is a stainless MVP as well

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

New flared vee

6. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

fisher

stainless steel xls, hopefully with steel cutting edges on the wings, i wanna get 1 next seasonThumbs Up

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  7. procut

procut Senior Member

I saw that too. I'm guessing the same as above, Stainless steel Vee and maybe Pro Plus, Vee with flared wings like everybody else has now days, poly Pro Plus, maybe something new in the "Heavy Weight" catagory, skid steer plow / push boxes.

Like I siad, these are all just guesses; as a die hard Western fan, I'm excited to see the new stuff, but don't think it's gonna be anything too earth-shattering.

On edit, I'm basically thinking it's gonna be anything that Boss has but Western deosn't, so add a trip edge straight plow and UTV / ATV plows.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  8. mulcahy mowing

I wonder if they will make a new half ton plow. So many half tons plowing commercial here.

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have heard from a source about an 8611 fisher and western in the next couple of years as well.

10. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

I think this is something that would be worth while for them, I know plenty of people with 550's that want bigger than an XLS or Wideout, but dont want to go to Blizzard.

11. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Prodigy plow....similar to the blizzard speed wing, flared MVP3,skids and box plows and stainless steel MVP's, some models will have ultra mount 2 mounting

12. ManorLandscape8

ManorLandscape8 Member

sounds like some great options. Figures I just bought a new dump truck and put a 9' pro plus plow on it. Wish I waited.

13. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I thought fishers V was supposed to be released today....anyone know where and when to look??

14. mulcahy mowing

15. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

2COR? You see this?

16. mulcahy mowing

Wonder what the Msrp is on it...

17. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Why would they change the center pin? The previous one was perfectly fine according to Mr M and company.

19. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

Is that new Western Prodigy plow going to be available in a 9' size for trucks?

I have been waiting for that type plow for my F-550 as the Western Wide Out only came as an 8' model, with a shorter molboard height, much too small for F-550 truck.

When I got my newest F-550, I was seriously considering the Western Heavy Weight in a 10' size, but too much weight on the front end of an F-550. I have a 10' Heavy Weight on my FL-70 (33,00 GVW) Freightliner truck.

I have been a Western customer for over 30 years.

Thanks,
    bluejlandscaper

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  20. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I have no idea. :rolleyes: