1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western electrical issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sven_502, Dec 9, 2008.

1. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Plowing this morning. About half done our parking lot, running out of time before I have to go to school. Pull up to the pile and go to lift the plow and nothing. I look down and realize the control box light isnt on. I try to flip it back and forth a couple times, nothing. So i shortchain the plow drive it to the shed take it off and go to school. During the day I turned the plow controller on just for sh*ts and giggles and it worked. One weird thing though was that when this whole controller thing was going on, my hazard flasher lights on the dash as well as the highbeams were lit extremly dimly, almost as though it was the sunglare but it wasnt. Highbeam light was actually quite clear but the flasher lights werent. This made no sense to me but I carried on with the day. So when I came home, i plugged the plow in just to give it a try and the hydraulics worked fine the controller came on, lights worked, nothing out the normal. I'm at a loss to guessing whats wrong here.

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad ground probably. check all connections at battery etc.

3. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Sounds like a ground to me could be something like a bulb in the plow lights. let me think a while i may have another idea i had it happen like that on a boss one time but i cant remeber what it was exactly.