1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western dodge ram 2500 plow removal? question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by raw88gt, Apr 19, 2009.

1. raw88gt

raw88gt Junior Member

I recieved a truck in trade with a plow setup on it i dont have anywhere to plow. So i want to remove it to sell unfortunatly.... I'm stuck! I dont want to break anything... ,but dont know how to remove the cables from the pump motor? I dont want to damage anything there is no disconnect points that i can see besides on the motor itself? Do i just unscrew from here? Thanks in advance if anyone is interested in buying setup im in wi :p by the way here are some pics so you can help me with the questions... im guessing just from the motor? But would like any experience
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah, that's somebody's hack job home made setup right there. It's a Unimount truckside frame paired with a conventional plow setup. It looks like the assy will unpin there at the bottom like a traditional Unimount. As for the pump, you can remove the covers where the cables go in and you'll see it's not too hard to remove them from the housing. Wiring for the lights will depend on how they wired them. You may be better off just cutting the wiring.

As for the truckside bracket, every Dodge that bodystyle I've had to burn the bolts off, and still pound it off with a sledge. It's something you will probably want to do though b/c that mount weighs like 250lbs. Lots of un needed weight there.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  3. raw88gt

raw88gt Junior Member

cool so just remove the plates? an diconnect cables inside? also since it is a "custom" lol what do you think i can get for it? i was hoping around 700

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm about 2.5 hours from you. Come on down and I'll remove everything for ya. I'll take the stuff for payment.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Just read your post....................it will take the right guy to give you that for it. Maybe in the fall if you hold off. I'd sell the actual Unimount bracket separately, then the conventional setup separately as is not knowing what it really fits.

I'd be interested in the Unimount bracket alone if the price is right.

6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I'd start a plow service on the side for you, your neighbors, and people you know with parking lots!

7. raw88gt

raw88gt Junior Member

i have a 2 foot section infront of my garage an spot where i park no need to plow for me... Removed Everything but the Bottom assembly from truck undercarriage