1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western dealer startup cost

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by red07gsxr, Sep 2, 2013.

1. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

I was wondering what the dealer start up costs would be for opening my own business?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

U need to buy a minimum of plows and sanders. As I understand we r talking in the $100s of thousands! I looked into becoming an associate dealer but even that requires $30,000 for parts inventory just to do service and repairs. But to do this u need an existing dealer to sponser u. The problem with that is that dealers don't want to sponser because, in effect, this is supporting local competition. Either way it is not cheap.

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Open a shop buy them online from a place like c.p.w thats what a few guys around here do

4. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

I figured it would be expensive but maybe ilk just buy them off a website as I need them. Thanks for the help.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Cpw is not a dealer, they are a sub dealer.

6. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

They are also a joke.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I was afraid if i said that my deleted post count would surpass my undeleted count

8. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

they may be a sub dealer there there prices are good and you can receive discounts as a reseller they are all jokes fix it your self and save a ton of cash $$$$$