1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Laner, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Laner

Laner Member
    from IA

Just wondering if others are having trouble locating a Western Ultra to Unimount conversion kit? I hvae had one ordered from a local dealer for roughly 8 weeks and he keeps telling me they are back ordered. Anyone else hearing this?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i saw one 2 days ago. yuck. thats one big ball of stuff. and he was not happy with how low it hangs now. and i have seen lots of people not happy with the low mounting of the ultra mounts in my area. i my self would stick to unimount.

i can get pics for you if you want of it mounted.

3. kennyrain

kennyrain Member

i have this setup on my 01 gmc 2500HD. It sits low to the ground. im looking for a unimount under 200. If i find one, ill be selling this adapter on plow site or ebay.
    ken

4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Try CPW i called easrlier this week and they had 25 in stock. If you order online it is $155

5. Laner

Laner Member
    from IA

sweetk30 -I have only talked to one person that has the ultra to unimount conversion on an '01 Dodge and he is happy with how the Ultramount fits up under the bumper providing more ground clearance (when not plowing) he did not say if the conversion kit really lowered the mounts that much or if it had to be left on the truck. If you have some pics that would be very helpful in my decision process.

nvrnf -I will be checking with CPW on their inventory. Thanks to all for the posts.

6. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

kit

I have one in my garage still in the box. never use it switch everything over to ultra mount

I have one on my day time job truck and no problem with it

7. Laner

Laner Member
    from IA

Precision Lawn -You want to sell the kit? If so, how much? How much does the kit weigh? Shipping cost to IA.....$$$

8. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

There has been several on ebay. Check it out, they usually dont go for insane prices.

9. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

shipping

What is your zip code

10. Laner

Laner Member
    from IA

Zip is 50659 How much do you want for the kit?