1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Conventional thrust arms for a '77.5 to '79 F250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 86gtbob, Nov 14, 2015.

1. 86gtbob

86gtbob Junior Member

Hi everybody, I'm new to this site and am trying to complete the mounting of a Western 7.5" conventional on my 1979 F250. I am looking for the two thrust arms for this mount, Western PN 59760 and 59672. I've looked high and low for them and can't seem to find any used ones. Does anybody have any for sale or could send pictures of them so I can have them made? Thanks in advance, Bob

2. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

Are you referring to the lengths of steel which go under the axle and mount to the frame in the area beneath the cab?

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

You are going to have to make these. If you can weld and fabricate, it will not be that hard. Use 3/8 steel. The truck is over 30 years old, That plow style almost doesn't exist anymore. Try craigslist.

4. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

That should be really easy to fabricate up. Seems like I saw one on Craigslist a few months ago, I think around the Chicago or Dubuque area. As I remember, a lot of guys didn't run them after a while. You could probably make a brace that connects to the frame in the area directly above the front axle. But if you 'ram' into piles and wet stuff, then it does help spread the forces out to the frame, minimizing damage.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I take it that you have the front assembly/support. Start around the shock bracket area. Need L channel, or make the L channel. Mount that and run arm from there to plow frame. When these are made, run a support below the steering linkage between the two arms for a little extra support.
    I'm probably not explaining it the best, but on that truck it will not be that hard. You need, all needs to be 3/8 steel, a 220 welder, a 110 won't do it, don't even try. Torches, grinder, drills, drill press would be great.

6. 86gtbob

86gtbob Junior Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I figured I'd have to make them, but I was hoping there was a set out there.

7. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

hey, if you dont mind shipping there is a junk yard by me that has some old ford plow trucks and he may have the mount parts you need.
    pm me if you want his number.

8. 86gtbob

86gtbob Junior Member

Thanks wahlturfcare, I've pretty much decided to make my own, but I'll keep it mind.