1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Conventional Plow on 04 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chad4467, Dec 23, 2010.

1. chad4467

chad4467 Junior Member

Hey Guys,
    I think I have found a pretty good deal but need you opinion. I found a Western 7 1/2' straight plow with conventional mount including everything for $300. The problem is that Im trying to mount this on a 2004 Silverado 1500 ext. cab. Any suggstions????

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

basicly around the early to mid 90's thay all went to quick mount frames on the plows for safty rules .

if you want that setup you got to fit a 04 this will require lots of fab work to fit. not a bolt on setup and no conventinal stuff offered after mid 90's basicly.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not to mention it's a major liability. Don't do it. :nono:

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

X2.....Its illegal to have that on there! UNLESS you make the headgear completely removable when the plow is off....not really worth it IMO

5. chad4467

chad4467 Junior Member

Thanks for the input guys I think I'll buy it but not put in on my truck. I may jusy clean it up and re-sell it.