1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western conventional plow mount parts?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Galaxie427, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Galaxie427

Galaxie427 Junior Member

Hi all,

I bought a Western Pro conventional for my 95 F350 last spring, and I began the process of installing it a few weeks back. I never saw a truck mount like this. It bolts to the bumper brackets and frame horns fine, but I'm missing the correct pieces that connect the lower, rear facing braces to the truck frame. All the conventional mounts I see on the Western site look nothing like this thing; most have the a-frame mount ears well under the truck rather than straight down from the pump. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Pete

2. Galaxie427

Galaxie427 Junior Member

I thought I attached a photo, evidently it did not work. I'll see if I can get it to go......

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

4. Galaxie427

Galaxie427 Junior Member

OK, maybe I got it this time!

Mine is different than the one you show..........

Thanks!
    Pete

IMAG0343.jpg

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

yeah - thats some backyard mechanic hack job (no offense - I know you didn't create it).

its not something put out by any plow manufacturer. although it may have started life as a western mount, it is now some ill-conceived concoction. the guy that sold it to you claimed it would fit your truck? hopefully you didn't pay too much. that thing needs a lot of work to make it right. with the plow hooked up the blade must stick out like 2 feet further than it should - hence the extended lift arm.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but i would start from scratch. this setup scares me.

6. Galaxie427

Galaxie427 Junior Member

Thanks Linckiel.......I've had two conventional Westerns on Fords before, and this one was definitely different (and not in a good way). The blade and a-frame are legit Pro-Plow parts, except it's 7'6" instead of 8'. I gave him $200 for everything including the joystick, so I felt OK about it.

Not real excited about plowing with this thing anyway.....crew cab, 8' box. Maybe I can sell the whole works for a little profit and get a Unimount!! Which, by the way, is how this thing was advertised, for $250. When I told him it wasn't he took $50 off.

Thanks again!
    Pete